When buying a home with the assistance of a mortgage the lender will probably obtain a valuation report to confirm that the property offers reasonable security for the loan. That valuation, although carried out by a qualified valuer, is intended solely to satisfy the requirements of the lender. It provides brief details based on a limited inspection. Even if a copy of the report is received there is insufficient detail to provide the buyer with a sound basis upon which to make a purchasing decision.
Why use an independent Surveyor ?
The valuation report obtained by the mortgage lender may be obtained from an 'in-house' staff valuer, an associated firm of valuers or a corporate organisation Ian Macklin & Co is an independent company of chartered valuation surveyors that can act on your behalf to provide a totally impartial report tailored to your specific needs. The details and advice given will allow you to reach a decision, uninfluenced by external considerations.
Points to consider:
- Is the Valuer acting for your exclusively
- Do you wish to chose your own Valuer
- Are you confident that your Valuer is not influenced by external factors.
Independent Surveyors will:
- Agree the cost in advance
- Agree a timetable
- Discuss the contents of the report with you after the inspection
- Take into account alterations that you may be contemplating and tailor the report to your needs
Valuations for other purposes:
In addition to being prepared upon the purchase of a property there are also other occasions when it is important to obtain independent advice in particular this applies to:
- Assisting an application for Probate.
- Advise the Family Court upon Valuation of property assets.
- Establish valuations at earlier dates for Capital Gains purposes.